Rules for Guest Contributors
Last updated November 3, 2022
Thank you for your interest! The Hidden Speaker accepts contributions from guest writers who want to share insightful ideas and best practices with our readers on technical communication. You’ll find everything you need to know to successfully submit a great article on this page. Please make sure to follow the guidelines carefully.
Our readers expect professional, high-quality articles. This means your article will not be accepted if it does not follow our guidelines.
How do I submit an idea or article?
When you have an idea for an article you’d like to pitch, please reach out to [email protected]. We will let you know within 5 business days if your pitch is accepted. If accepted, you will have the option to send your draft article to [email protected] in an editable format such as Google Docs, Word doc, etc.
Please note that having your article accepted does not guarantee that your article will be published. If we ask for changes or revisions and you are not willing or able to make the changes we request, we won’t be able to move forward.
Guest Post Guidelines
- Articles accepted for publication must be exclusive to The Hidden Speaker and 100% original.
- Posts must be pitch-free.
- Our minimum post length is 1,000 words.
- Your headline should be optimized for search and social media and have a character count of 70 characters maximum.
- Please add a meta description (maximum: 25 words). This is the excerpt that appears in search engine results for your post.
- You’re allowed only one link (do-follow) to your company’s website, in the author’s bio; no links to your website in the article body
- There must be proper attribution of data, quotations, and reference to outside content.
- When using stats to support the authority of your piece, link to the original source only. Stats roundup posts or third-party infographics don’t count as valid sources. No unattributed stats. If you can’t find the original source, don’t use it.
- For all images you use, please make sure to correctly cite the sources and verify that you have the right to use them.
- Upload a featured image that is 1280 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall. If you don’t have a featured image, we are happy to add one.
- Share a short and punchy byline for your bio.
- Include a link to your website and/or your social media profile.
- Give us a profile headshot image in JPG or PNG format OR share your Gravatar link.
Guest Post review process
- Once we receive your guest post submission, we take 5-7 business days to review it.
- If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. We’ll let you know even otherwise.
- If we feel your post needs substantial changes, we’ll email you back with our thoughts and request for revision.
- In the instance of corrections to byline, facts, or updates to published articles, The Hidden Speaker reserves the right to edit any post at any time. Post changes may be noted with a comment about the change and the reasoning for the update or change, if applicable.
- If your post is accepted, you agree not to publish the post elsewhere, including your own blog or website.
- In the case your post is rejected, there are of course no restrictions on your use of it.
Thanks for your interest, and look forward to hearing from you very soon!